All You Need to Know About ‘Grounding’ & How to Do it!The LifeCo
Grounding is an ancient activity that has spread throughout universal cultures, traditions and spiritual practices for hundreds of years. It is basically reconnecting and realigning with mother nature – the Earth. By allowing our body to appreciate and connect with the Earth we enhance our mental, physical and emotional wellbeing and this leads to people feeling more connected to the earth, more sound with a better clear way of thinking. If you haven’t already tried it, there is no time like the present and it is absolutely free, all you need to do is dedicate some time to it.
There are many benefits to grounding. In the modern-day world, we now live in and have become accustomed to a world where we can’t live without technology, people have actually become addicted to their mobile phones – people are living in huge high-rise apartments, surrounded by concrete buildings. It is so important that we give our body the chance to escape this now and again. In new modern-day society, we are constantly being overloaded with an influx of electromagnetic radiation (EMF’s) from all the devices that we own nowadays such as phones, tv’s, computers, microwaves, tablets and then there is Wi-Fi to add to that. A constant influx of EMF’s will over time cause a build up of free radicals and positive electrons that as you probably know can be damaging for the body.
For most of you I bet it is difficult to remember the last time your feet actually touched real ground. The way we live now in the Western world causes people’s connection with the Earth to be pretty limited. Grounding has a number of benefits which is why a lot of people make sure it is a regular practice in their daily lives. Grounding allows you to bring your thoughts, ideas and creativity into a place of real and make you feel a great sense of peace. Once you experience the many benefits of grounding you will realise how important it is as it requires you to switch of from the stresses of the world and put yourself first, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
Ground Yourself in Nature:
Go outside and place your hands on a beautiful tree you feel drawn to. Imagine your energy being released into the tree as you are touching it. Leaving your body, travelling through your arms, out through your fingertips and into the tree trunk. Once you have released your old energy, receive the trees replenished energy by visualising it being absorbed through your fingertips, through your hands, arms, and distributed throughout your body.
Other ways to Ground:
- Walk barefoot along the beach, letting the water soak into your feet. Salt (water) is very grounding and the waves have a very strong cleansing and replenishing energy.
- Walk barefoot in nature (not concrete), be outside where the air is fresh, and the ground is real, play in nature, go hiking or even do some gardening.
- Find some beautiful flowers you like and take the time to appreciate and absorb their energy
- Have a salt bath, a mixture of sea salts, Epsom salts and Himalayan salts are a great combination. Add your favourite essential oils, you can also add grounding crystals to your bath and fresh herbs instead of essential oils such as sage.
- Meditate with grounding crystals such as magnetite, black tourmaline, black kyanite, black onyx, or obsidian.
Detox Co-ordinator/Project Manager