Coconut oil has been attracting so much attention lately and is called as ‘The Tree Of Life’ as it is thought to heal all kinds of diseases by the people of the Pacific Islands. A good quality and adequate amount of coconut oil is essential for the body. Benefits and usage areas of the coconut oil can be listed as above:
- It can be used as a dietary supplement for it is very healthy and nutritious, and it is ideal for the delicious recipes.
- It can be used as an alternative to the other oils used for cooking. (pastries, cookies, cakes, etc.) It gives a nice and different flavor.
- It instantly acts as a fuel and gives energy whereas it doesn’t include any trans fats nor it is stored in the body.
- It is essential for the kids to have a healthy diet.
- It strengthens the immune system. (Only tropical fruits such as coconuts contain high levels of lauric acid, which is included in the breast milk. Lauric acid is the most important fatty acid that builds up and protects the immune system.)
- It provides you with a younger and healthier skin, and can be used as a moisturizer, hair mask, massage oil, sunscreen, and also used in healing skin infections, eczema and ringworms.
- MTCs (Medium Chain Triglycerides) contained in coconut oil can protect you against heart attack.
- Coconut oil can heal the cholesterol structure in the body by increasing the level of good cholesterol (HDL).
- Recent researches have shown that it is beneficial for the Alzheimer disease.