WHY COCONUT OIL IS GOOD FOR IMMUNITY?The LifeCo
Immunity is like a shield of the body which protects the organism against the diseases caused by bacteria and viruses present in the atmosphere. This shield allows the body to stay healthy and thus you don’t fall sick very often.
The incredible benefits of coconut oil:
Coconut oil contains lauric acid and caprylic acid, which are highly essential to strengthen the immunity system of an organism. These acids can easily fight off the bacteria and viruses that can cause harmful diseases.
In our daily life, we often end up using oil and ghee in everything that we cook. However, oil and ghee are not only fattening but also make you feel lethargic and in a way, weaken your system. In this scenario, coconut oil can be a good supplement. It not only contains nutrition but also medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs). There are various benefits of coconut oil as it has antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties which help to keep you healthy and immune.
How can coconut oil be used to boost the immune system?
A weaker immune system can be easily detected when a person falls sick easily and quite often. Cough and cold can easily hit him/her, every other day you feel feverish, and you can be lethargic and restless all the time. These are the signs of a weak immunity system and that is when you need to boost your immune system, failing which you can only make your health messier.
The food plays a crucial role in deciding our health. Coconut oil also enhances our metabolism in addition to strengthening the immune system which will keep the body protected against atmospheric impurities.
Coconut oil can be made a part of your diet in several ways:
- Coconut Oil as cooking oil: You can use a teaspoon of coconut oil for cooking purposes and it will help to curb fatigue and muscle pain with regular usage.
- Coconut Oil in smoothies: Yes, you can add coconut oil to the smoothies. It will help to thicken the texture and add to the nutritious value.
- Coconut Oil as massage oil: Coconut oil is very good for metabolism and thus, aids in weight loss. The lauric acid present in this oil is very useful to enhance immunity. Using it as a massage oil, will be an added bonus.
- Coconut Oil in moisturisers: To build a shield against viruses and bacteria, applying coconut oil mixed with the skin lotion can be a big advantage. As our skin is the first tissue that comes in contact with the air around us which contains the impurities, coconut oil will keep the skin protected, healthy and strong.
- Coconut Oil as make-up remover: Coconut in any form will always be good for your health. Even as a make-up remover, the slightest of the coconut oil will help to protect the body and boost the immune system.