The emergence of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a wakeup call for everyone. This is a testament that we live in a truly toxic world! Now is the best time as any to start looking into ways on how to protect ourselves from falling prey to the effects of this global health situation.
Viral illnesses are usually self-limiting infections (usually lasts 1 – 2 weeks) that often present with fever and produce respiratory problems like sore throat, coughs and colds, or gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, vomiting, etc. If and when a virus enters a host, it will invade cells to reproduce at a rapid rate for its own survival. This is the crucial moment wherein our body’s immunity will be put to the test and determine whether we will succumb to the consequences that a virus would bring.
Mind your manners and mannerisms!
Viruses spread in a variety of ways, but most often requires a person to person interaction.
- The 2019-nCoV spreads via droplet transmission; therefore, coughing, sneezing, spitting by an infected person, can easily mobilize live viruses through their saliva, and when an unsuspecting victim would happen to come into contact with the infected saliva, it is only a matter of time before the virus would enter a victim’s respiratory tract, if bad mannerisms are not corrected.
- A person touches his face at an average of 2,000 to 3,000 times a day! Be mindful of this mannerism and keep your hands away from your face, nose, and mouth as often as possible! This can decrease the chances of allowing access of any infected saliva to get into a healthy host.
Keep your hands to yourself and make sure they are clean!
- Viruses have the ability to survive out in the open for several hours.
- Most common objects that harbor viruses are the ones that we use on a regular basis (mobile phones, keyboards, mouse, remote control, utensils, eyeglasses, watches, jewelry, etc.)
- Always make it a point to wash your hands thoroughly, including the forearms and elbows, to minimize the risk of any viruses surviving on the skin.
- Use hand sanitizers to disinfect objects and hands as often as possible.
- 2019-nCoV can be avoided with frequent disinfection with 70% ethyl or isopropyl alcohol.
Low immunity? How’s your gut?
- A person’s immune system relies heavily on the integrity of our digestive health, owing to the fact that the majority of our immune cells reside along the walls of our small intestines.
- These immune cells called Peyer’s patches are lymphoid tissues that control the amount of disease-causing organisms that can grow or proliferate inside our bodies by directing specialized cells to deal with these bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites.
- Eating raw vegan food and drinking healthy green juices offer maximum support for our body’s immune system due to the phytonutrients and live enzymes that are present in them.
- Minimize or avoid eating food that are fried, processed, sugary, starchy, or salty. These types of food promote inflammation and produce free radicals which may chronically diminish the potency of the body’s immunity.
Stop recycling toxins!
- Our body is bombarded with toxins relentlessly both externally and internally. The more toxic we are, the more weakened our immune system becomes.
- Detoxification is a process that occurs naturally within our bodies (breathing, urination, bowel movement, sweating). Without which, we would drown in a sea of toxicity and meet our quick demise.
- One of the most important systems responsible for proper detoxification and immune response within our bodies is the integrity of our lymphatic system. It is considered as the body’s sewage system and also serves as a storage area for lymphoid tissues. Making sure that the lymphatic system is not congested will guarantee a better toxin elimination and immune system activation.
Sing it! A, B, C, D, E and Zinc…
- Due to the increasing environmental and food-related toxicity that is ever-present in our daily modern life, the role of vitamins and micronutrients in helping us mitigate the damages we are getting from those toxins is priceless.
- The following are recommendations that can optimize the immune-modulating capabilities of these micronutrients:
- Vitamin A – 10,000 IU can be taken orally daily OR given at 50,000 IU as an intramuscular injection per week
- Vitamin B – use a complex that contains B6 (pyridoxine) taken orally daily OR given as part of an intravenous protocol
- Vitamin C – 6,000mg to 10,000mg can be taken orally daily OR given at 25,000mg as part of an intravenous protocol
- Vitamin D – 30,000 IU taken orally daily OR given at 300,000 IU as an intramuscular injection every 2 weeks
- Vitamin E – 1,000 IU taken orally daily
- Zinc – 90mg to 150mg orally daily OR given at 100mg as part of an intravenous protocol
Eat, Pray, Laugh…
- One of the most influential methods of increasing our immune capabilities is through the wonders of psychoneuroimmunology (PNI).
- There are countless research and evidence that proved that if a person is dealing with stress, bereavement, grief, depression, jealousy, anger, anxiety, fear, and many other negative psycho-emotional issues would significantly decrease the immune function and become one of the most common root causes of illnesses or diseases.
- Meditation is like a musical instrument that we can learn to play, a constant practice can eventually turn to a full symphony that can be played to drown out the negativity of the audience in our subconscious mind.
- Laughter is universal, it transcends ethnicity, religion, and language. It is contagious when it is true and it is the best medicine for any type of flu.
The LifeCo advocates a raw vegan lifestyle and offers a holistic array of wellness programs that aim to hone in on our innate capability to heal by detoxifying the body, mind, and spirit.
Philip Lun Kee Chia, MD, DFM, CMA, FPAFP
The LifeCo, Phuket
February 4, 2020